An integral part of the Queen Elizabeth II Stadium is the main pavilion, completed in 1953. This is a Grade II listed building built in Art Deco style, and serves as the clubhouse, main stand and changing rooms.
Opposite the main stand is a second, small seated, stand, while behind each goal, inside the perimeter of the running track, are two covered terraces. The running track was reduced from eight lanes to six during the refurbishment from 2008-2010.
There are 3 turnstiles, but for most games only 2 are open. Beside the turnstiles is a gate for seaon ticket holders or those whose mobility does not allow then through the turnstiles and their carers as necessary.
There are three sets of toilets available.
- There are womens (nearest the turnstiles) and mens (furthest from the turnstiles) toilets at each end of the pavilion. These toilets have disabled facilities.
- Inside the main foyer under the stairs to Butler’s Bar are mens and womens toilets. These do not have disabled facilaties.
- Near to the main entrance to the pavilion there is a separate disabled toilet with baby changing facilities. This is accessible from the foyer. Please contact any matchday steward or the club shop, who have access to a key if required.
Refreshments including food are usually available for first team fixtures at the stadium.
On a first team matchday there are generally three sources of food or drink:
- – A Catering Van adjacent to the turnstiles which serves, burgers, chips, tea, coffee etc.
- – Butler’s Bar, serves a range of lagers and cider, and a regularly changing selection of ales from local breweries; also serves rolls etc.
- – The Club Shop, which provides soft drinks, confectionery etc.
Card payments are currently resticted to the turnstiles and Butler’s Bar, although on occasion these facilities may not available.