Enfield Town FC is fully committed to the Football Supporters’ Association’s Sustain The Game campaign, which has launched today with the backing of fans’ groups from across the country as well as senior politicians and football pundits such as Jamie Carragher. The campaign highlights the urgent need for action to secure the very existence of many clubs, particularly in the current climate.
Sustain The Game principles:
- Protect our clubs – football clubs are community assets and an important expression of individual and local identity, they deserve legal protection and urgent support to secure their future;
- Transparency – everyone has a right to know who owns their club, and how clubs and the authorities operate. Owners are custodians of clubs on behalf of all of us;
- Financial controls – fans want rules with real teeth which are independently enforced, clubs and leagues can’t be left to regulate themselves;
- Strengthen the pyramid – football as a whole is wealthy, but we need a smarter and fairer use of the money in the game to encourage sustainability; and
- Supporter engagement – fans are the lifeblood of the game, they need a voice in their clubs and on all issues that affect them and their communities.
You can read more about the FSA’s campaign here: https://thefsa.org.uk/news/fan-groups-politicians-and-pundits-call-for-urgent-action-to-protect-the-very-existence-of-clubs/